Canada has emerged as one of the world’s most popular destinations for international students due to its diverse opportunities, multicultural cities and natural beauty. Every year, around 180,000 international students choose to study in Canada, a country fast becoming one of India’s favourite study destinations. Canadian university campuses provide latest technology, quality sports facilities, art galleries, and public concert halls. Students get the opportunity to meet like-minded peers and gain valuable international student experience. One of the uniqueness of Canadian Higher Education system has been the common model of University Governance.
Canada is a constitutional monarchy: The Queen or King of Canada is the head of state, while the Prime Minister is the head of government.
Canada has three levels of government: federal, provincial or territorial; and municipal.
The provincial and territorial governments have the power to change their laws and manage their own public lands.
International students prefer to study in Canada due to following reasons:
- Gross domestic product (GDP) has been growing faster than any other G7 country
- Canada has emerged as one of the top ten manufacturing nations.
- Employment opportunities have also increased considerably in areas of motor vehicle production, food and beverages, paper and allied products, primary metals, fabricated metals, petrochemicals and chemicals.
- The Atlantic, Prairie and Pacific regions of Canada that have more natural resource-based economies focuses on fishing, forestry and mining, while Prairie Provinces are dependent on agriculture and mineral fuels. British Columbia's primary sectors are forestry and mining, as well as tourism.
Why Study in Canada
Canada a country of immigrants has a policy of encouraging multicultural diversity & Canada has quality of education and low cost living for international students as compared to other countries.
The standard of living in Canada is among the highest in the world with almost 70 per cent of Canadians owning homes, with a high percentage of owning durable goods such as automobiles , washing machines , T.V etc . Canada has the most thorough health care and social security network.
Canadian cities have enormous parks , gardens and beaches for public uses as well as have sports and recreation facilities . All urban centres have a wide range of shopping malls , restaurants, theatres, art galleries and museums. All ethnic groups are represented in Canada . As a result the ethnic food and recreational activities with different cultures are available in Canada. The country is one of the most beautiful, natural environments in the world with diverse geography: the awesome rocky mountains of Alberta , the big skies of the prairies , to the “maple sugar country ‘ in the Great lakes and the delightful coastline of the Atlantic Provinces.
Canada, a relatively peaceful, safe country have strict rules for firearms and they are generally are not permitted unlike their neighboring country-The United States of America.
International students follow the same safety precautions as they follow anywhere in the world .Upon the arrival in the country students can contact any Canadian Education centre tp learn about the personal safety or can attend any safety orientation programme.
The talented pool of scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs have created encouraging business environment. The Canada is the leader in computer and information technologies internationally created a niche in the areas of transportations, telecommunications & engineering & specifically urban transport , aerospace, microelectronics, advanced software , hydroelectric & nuclear power , lasers and opt-electronics , food and beverage processing , geomantic and ocean & environmental industries.
Canada was the first to identify the need to connect schools & libraries to Internet and its School Net Program is replicated around the world.
Canada has two official languages, English and French. About 75% of Canada’s French-speaking residents live in the province of Québec, located in the eastern part of the country but there are French-speaking communities throughout the country.
French is the mother tongue of 81 per cent of Québec's population.As per International figures, over 1 billion people speak English and over 250 million speak French. Canada offers superior English as a Second Language (ESL) and French as a Second Language (FSL) programs for students aspiring to learn either or both languages.
Canada has very sophisticated yet inexpensive health care facilities. Compared to other countries, medical insurance is inexpensive in Canada.
- Canada, a thriving and vibrant economy great opportunities for growth. Employment opportunities are abundant as many cities and provinces in Canada are faced with the challenge of shortages of labour in important sectors and industries . Canadian employers are redily hiring qualified and responsible workers.
- Trained and skilled labour force from healthcare,IT, and engineering are the most desired workforce. Canadian employers are also in need of people with skills and expertise such as carpentry, electric works and plumbing. Workers from abroad (either temporary or permanent) in the high –demand occupations have been a helping hand for Canadian employers staff for growing their business. Employment opportunites are vast , but it is upto applicant to search and apply for jobs.
- A job offer from a Canadian employer can accelerate the process of reaching Canada permanently or temporarily. Either way, candidates must have legal status to work in Canada.
- For candidates applying for Permanent Residency, a full time permanent job offer from Canadian employer reduces the application processing times. On receiving Permanent Residency, the legal right to work in Canada and and/or attend school automatically comes in.
- You Can apply for a Temporary Work Permit , once you obtain a genuine job offer , if you are interested in temporary employment in Canada. It is often a quicker process for people seeking employment in Canada to obtain temporary employment initially. This can improve chances for Permanent Residency in future.
List of University/Colleges in CANADA
- Dalhousie University, Halifax
- University of Regina, Regina
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario
- Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops
- Trent University, Peterborough, Ontario
- Trinity Western University, Langley
- Royal Roads University, Victoria
- University Canada West, Vancouver
- Cape Breton University, Sydney
- Capilano University, North Vancouver
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Surrey
- Seneca College, Toronto
- George Brown College, Toronto
- Sheridan College, Oakville
- Douglas College, New Westminster
- Algonquin College. Ottawa
- Niagara College, Welland
- Fanshawe College, London
- Durham College, Oshawa
- North Island College, Vancouver
- Georgian College, Barrie
- Lakeland College, Vermilion
- Cambrain College, Sudbury, Ontario
- Conestoga College, Kitchener, Ontario
- St. Lawrence College, Brockville, Ontario
- Confederation College, Thunder Bay
- Lambton College, Sarnia, Omtario
- St. Clair College, Windsor, Ontario
- Selkirk College, Castlegar
- Parkland College, Yorkton
- Canadore College, Vancourver