About United Kingdom
- LOCATION : The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- CAPITAL : London
- CURRENCY : Pound sterling
- LANGUAGES SPOKEN : English
- NEIGHBOUING COUNTRIES : France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany
Why study in UK
- Hub Of Cultural Diversity
- You will get a world class qualification
- Whatever your Educational needs are the UK can meet them: There are more than three thousand institutes that welcome international Students
- It has an exciting fun culture: The UK is a cosmopolitan place to live
- It is an ideal base for your travel
- It is an affordable option
- Health care is often free for International students. You are likely to be able to take advantage of National Health service (NHS) treatment as well as reduced cost medicines.
- Independent Studies- Research , Written work
Ranking System Of Universities
Good Universities are ranked by different agencies.
- RAE ( Research Assessment Exercise):It is done after 4 years & it is a govt. body. This ranking is done on a scale of 1-5 where 5 is the best score.
- QAA (Quality Assurance Agency):This is also a govt. body & happens every year. This is done on a scale of 1-24 where
- 22,24 - Good
- 22,23,24- Excellent
- Times Higher-Private ranking( Newspaper)
- Guardian- Private ranking
- FT ( Financial Times ranking)- Used to rank MBA courses.
- 1 Pound – Rs 83 (approx)
- Living Cost – Inside London: ₤ 1265 per month
- Outside London: 1065 per month
Tuition fees – ₤6000-₤17000
- Application Process time - 2 to 4 weeks
- Visa Approval - 1 to 4 weeks
- Accommodation - According to the deadlines of Universities.
- Permanent residency - Very difficult
- Work Regulations - A student is entitled to work 15 hours a week during studies.
- Visa Application Fee: 335 GBP -Rs 27483
- Student shows 1 year tuition fee and 9 months living expense
- Sponsor: Main applicant itself.
Note: Can jointly show funds with blood relatives.
- Living expenses: Inside London- ₤ 1265/month
Outside London-₤ 1065/month
- Accepted Funds:
Saving Bank Account -You must show that you have held the money for at least 28 days in your account.
Education Loan -The loan letter must be dated no more than 28 days before the date of application.
Fixed Deposit – Should be 28 days old
List of Top University/Institutions in UK
- University of Bristol, Bristol
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham
- Cranfield University,Cranfield
- Queen Mary University of London, London
- University of Liverpool, Liverpool nad London
- Newcastle University, Newcastle and London
- Queen's University Belfast, Belfast
- University of Leicester, Leicester
- University of Essex, Colchester
- Bangor University, Bangor
- University of Bradford
- Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham
- University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- University of East London, London
- University of Greenwich, London
- Staffordshire University, Stroke on Trent
- Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool
- University of Sundarland, Sunderland & London
- University of Roehampton, London
- University of South Wales, Cardiff
- University of Westminster, London
- University of Bedfordshire, Luton
- Leeds Beckett University, Leeds
- Hult International Business School, London
- BPP University London
- Le-Cordon Bleu, London
- Ulster University, Birmingham and London Campus